Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tired.

I am tired.

I am not sleeping well again.

This happens after every surgery. It seems for the first few days all I do is sleep - side effects of drugs and medications, a time for my body to heal. And then wham. It's like my body says, okay, that's enough sleep for the next 3 months, so hope you used it wisely.

The problem is, I'm still tired. I'm exhausted. And sleep still feels right out of my grasp.

My husband? He lays down and is out. In like 42.7 seconds. And when I can't fall asleep, I think about punching him. Because you know, he can fall asleep, and I can't. I mean, I'd never actually do it. And I know he's not doing it on purpose. It's not like he's all "Nananana-boo-boo. I can sleep and you can't. Haha!" Still. I'm jealous of him.

So. I toss and turn. And turn and toss. And then eventually fall asleep. And then wake up, much later than everyone else I know. But it's never enough sleep. And so I'm tired.

Yep, that's all you get today. Sorry. I'm too tired to write anymore.

5 comments:

  1. I have insomnia. Always. It's a dance that sucks because it will abate for a while to tease me with the fabulous person I CAN BE when properly rested and then? Buh bye sleepytime. Hello bitchy time.

    Hope you get some rest tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of my husband for the very same reason. He gets in bed, lays his head on the pillow and goes to sleep. Your husband and my husband and people like then should get together and sell their secrets to sleeping well. They'd make a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom has said the same thing, so have I. Like you, we never would, but when you can't sleep, it's hard not to feel the anger at the unfairness. I hope you find a way to sleep better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never understood insomnia until a couple of years ago. And then the universe decided to clue me in on what everyone else was talking about.

    I hope you get some good rest soon, my friend. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband sits still for two seconds and he's out cold.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)