Sunday, November 11, 2012

Gratitude Sunday

It's Sunday again. Time for me to take some time to think about what I'm grateful for!

  • My husband: I know, I said family last week. But my husband really needs his own spot. He works so hard to help provide for this family, and then often, he comes home and has to do a million things around here. Not only that, but he took the kids and spent the night away so I could have friends over this weekend. And to top it off, he did the grocery shopping for my gathering for me. Seriously, he rocks. 
  • My children: again, they deserve extra shout-outs this week because they were awesome helpers this week. And I? Was probably too crabby to them. And still, they helped and loved me. And I love them and hugged them and told them. And apologized for being too crabby. In a nutshell my kids rock and teach me every day how to be a better person.
  • Friends who come hang out with me: {and to those who wanted to come but couldn't make it}. I opened my house up this weekend for a craft weekend. I was pretty nervous that I might be home alone the entire weekend, but people came! And talked with me. And did some knitting and lego building {oh yes, yes, we did build legos and it was fun!}. I'm glad I wasn't all by myself. And I hope those who made it enjoyed it as much as I did!
  • Time to myself: In addition to having friends over this weekend, I also had a lot of time to myself. I wouldn't want to be alone all the time, but at the same time, it was also nice to get that. The house was already cleaned, so I basically could do whatever I wanted to do. I joked that I was going to run around naked and jump on the bed - no worried I didn't. I did what I normally do, hunkered down with the tv and worked on some crocheting. But still, it was nice.
  • Hot water: It sounds so silly, but oh my gosh, sometimes a nice, hot shower is exactly what I need. I have the luxury of being able to just stand in the shower for essentially as long as I want. It is a blessing indeed.
  • My minivan: My minivan is getting older. We just had it in for a round of repairs. But now it's home and running nicely. I know it sounds silly, but I have friends who are struggling with car issues right now, and other friends who juggle only having one car for the whole family. I know it's tough on them. And so the fact that I have a minivan {and husband has a car} sitting in our garage, both drivable? Is a huge blessing.
  • Boring weather: I was talking on twitter this week about how I'm struggling with things to blog about during this NaBloPoMo, and someone suggested I write about the weather. To which I responded "but out weather is so boring." Um, yeah, and people both east and west of me would love to have boring weather right now.
  • Lil Kingdom: This is a {free} apple/google store App. My youngest sister introduced it to us all, and now the kids, myself and my mom play. It's a time waster for sure, and a silly little game. But I have played this a lot lately in waiting rooms. And since we're hitting that time for the 3/6-month check-ups, having something do in the waiting room {and while waiting for dance to end, or to fall asleep at night, or for voice lessons to end}. And so, yes, this game makes my thankful list!  
  • Our veterans and those currently serving: I have several family members who have served and are serving. And friends with spouses, children, other family members who are serving. Especially with today being Veteran's day, I am so thankful to them. I know they sacrifice a lot to serve this country. 
  • And you - my blog readers: Last week I talked about how I was grateful to have this blog, but I even more grateful to have awesome readers. Somehow the perfect comment always seems to be left when I need to read it the most. 
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a great week! 

1 comment:

  1. I love happy posts like this. You have the right attitude that we all strive for - at least in this moment ;) We are so lucky for so many reasons, and I'm so glad you had a great time this weekend. If I come next year, would you teach me to knit? Left-handed?

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)