Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday Gratitude

It's Sunday. So time to talk about what I am grateful for!

  • My husband: I know, I say this every week, but that is just how grateful I am to him. He stepped in this week and had my back. And then, when I was crying and sad, he just knew exactly what to say to make me feel better.
  • Good doctors: I have been blessed with wonderful doctors. They know what they are doing, and they can treat me, but not only that but I feel like they listen to me and talk to me. Bedside manner counts in my book. And my doctors have it.
  • Homeschooling: Our days are not always perfect. But I love them and I love that my kids are home and I get to teach them and help them learn, even when it's hard, and even when we are all having a bad day.
  • Families that are helpful: So, after telling you I was thankful for two working cars (apparently the universe took this as a challenge) husband's car might be toast. We need them to look further and figure out what we are willing to spend on repairs. But, in the meantime, we are using a car we are borrowing from my mom/sister. And for that, I am very thankful. 
  • Our town: I love the town we live in. I love our park district, I love our library, I love the sports programs for the kids. I just love our town. It rocks!
  • The Motherhood: a great site that has allowed me to meet so many wonderful people and learn some pretty wonderful things. I stumbled upon the site several years ago, purely accidental, and couldn't be happier with that "accident." It has been life changing (and no, that's not an exaggeration). I love being a part of the site and getting to tell people that I work for them. The owners especially have a special place in my heart and have been so wonderful to me.
  • Ravelry: Another website that I use often for my knitting and crocheting. I have found tons of great patterns and ideas over there. I visit the site at least weekly.
  • Being so close to Chicago: I love that we can head into Chicago (and do things like ChiTAG) if we want to. We don't often travel into the city, but it's nice that it's there for when we want to. And Chicago is a pretty spectacular city. I love that we can drive there if we want to.
  • The Chicago Blogging Community: No, really, it rocks. So many fabulous bloggers around here that I get to see occasionally (never often enough though!). They write amazing blogs themselves, are twitter friends and facebook friends, have rallied around me and are just amazing. Truly. 
  • Game time with the kids: We try to play games regularly, we don't always succeed, but it's fun. I love playing games. I love too that as the kids get older we can move on to more complicated games. But I love playing them and it's almost always a good time. Last night, 13yo and I were playing Bananagrams (which we were given at ChiTAG) and we had so much fun trying to figure out two letter words and what to do with those z's and x's and q's! There were a lot of giggles to be had. 
 
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!   

1 comment:

  1. aww - this was such a lovely post. You always this this kind way about you - even in your written words! Hope your week is great and your holidays even better!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)