Sunday, November 04, 2012

Thankful

my family and I in June
 It is November now, and because of Thanksgiving, it is a month in which we are often reminded of all the things we are thankful for.
This is good for me, because while I am thankful for so much, I don't take nearly enough time to share this. So, my hope is to every Sunday this month, come share the things I am thankful for - from the big to the seemingly little. Because at the end of the day, it all counts! 


  • My family: okay, okay, I know. Everyone always says their family first. But it's the truth isn't it? I've been blessed with an amazing family - both immediate and extended. And I'm grateful for all of them. They are amazing and wonderful
  • My friends: much like my family, I have some pretty great friends in my life. My friends live near and far. Some can come over and hang out with me, others are an e-mail, tweet, facebook post away. All are near and dear to me
  • I'm cancer-free: I know, again this probably sounds a bit cheesy. It's not. Some women, with similar diagnosis and same treatment, are not cancer-free. I know this all too well. And so I will continue to be grateful that I am currently cancer free. 
  • Health insurance: No really, I can't imagine how we would have gotten through this without our health insurance. Regardless of politics, regardless of what has driven the cost of health care up, I couldn't have afforded my treatment without insurance. I've read the stories of those without, or without enough coverage. I've been invited to fundraisers. I've heard the pain and seen the stress and the worry. 
  • meeting an internet friend face-to-face in May
  • The internet: Well, not so much the internet as the connections the internet has allowed me to make. I have made some pretty amazing connections with people over the internet. Friends that are such a big part of my life that I wouldn't have probably met without the internet.
  • Netflix: Silly, I know. But I've been watching a lot of it lately. And even though I still complain about time to recover, I know I'd be a lot more cranky if I had to watch what late night tv has to offer LOL! 
  • Pain killers: after the week I've had, I'm pretty sure this is self-explanatory!
  • This blog: my place to say whatever it is I need to say. A place to be completely myself 
  • Knitting: again, this may be silly, but to me it's not. It's a huge part of who I am.
  • My house: This has been driven home to me in the last week, seeing all the destruction from Sandy, and hearing about those without heat and electricity, lives lost, and whole houses destroyed. It is heartbreaking to say the least. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)