Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday

TGIF!

Thank goodness it is Friday. It's been a long week. It's been a long Friday.

As I said earlier this week, I had not one, but two doctor's appointments today. They weren't bad appointments, but I hardly slept last night thanks to a horrible headache. And each doctor needed blood work (but not the same stuff, so I couldn't just have one do it and send it over to the other).

Thankfully, I have some awesome doctors (and nurses and staff). My doctors are friendly, personable, smart, and they listen to me. I'm very lucky that way.

I've heard less than awesome stories from people and had a run in with one nurse that should not be interacting with people (at an urgent care, so not someone I regularly deal with).

I've been seeing all my doctors this month. Partly because I'm catching up on appointments I missed in September, part of it (that I think I've mentioned before) is I am just not feeling great. I'm not sick per se. It's like every system in my body is off just a little bit, but they are all off together which really really sucks. Much of it we can still blame chemo for (even though it's been 2 years and 2 months since my last chemo infusion). It is mind-blowing to me that 2 years later I'm still dealing with side effects. Then again, chemo is a pretty aggressive treatment so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

The thing is I know some people who went through chemo and will say it was fine, they didn't really get sick, and no real lingering side effects. I am both very happy for them and want to punch them. I'm kidding about the punching part, well, mostly kidding ;-) But seriously, I think it's awesome even though I am admittedly jealous.

On the other hand, I know some people who have side effects much worse, that have lingered a lot longer, and are jealous of what I'm going though. And I wish I could make it better for them. Because this stuff sucks.

Probably, I shouldn't make so many appointments in such a short time period. 6 appointments this month, that have lead to two scans and probably one more coming. All currently set for Nov. 6 through Nov 20. 15 days. What in the world was I thinking when I set it up? LOL! Though, on one hand they are all out of the way and done.

Anyway, today's appointments are over and I'm glad. Now to just wait for both blood tests to come back. And next week I get to get an MRI of my brain. We don't expect to find anything, but the headaches are getting worse and worse and so, we're just going to look and see. I'm not hardly worried about it - in fact I've been joking about it. I told my 7yo the doctor wanted to see if I had a brain which he found really funny!

The good news is I'm setting myself up for what might be a doctor-free December. Which trust me, would be the best Christmas present of all!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the MRI. You'll do fine.

    And I don't know why but doctor appointments just seem to glom up together on their own. It's weird how that works out.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)