Sunday, November 24, 2013

Craft Weekend

Random shot of the table tonight
This weekend I threw my (second) annual craft weekend. I invited lots of people over and said they could bring any craft they so wished to work on.

I worked on some needlepoint, which I had been neglecting for too long.

The husband and kids left the house, so it was nice to have that time to not worry about them.

A few people were able to come over and craft with me. Two friends came over yesterday, and both worked on knitting. Today a friend came over who was doing some gorgeous scrapbooking pages. One of my sisters spent time here both days to work on a paper for her class. It was nice and I had a good time.

I enjoyed the time alone, and I enjoyed the time with friends. I got a lot of good stitching done and didn't have to worry about anything. No cleaning, no laundry, none of that - just lots of doing whatever I wanted to. It was good.

I do wonder though, if I'll do it again next year. I'm had a great time with those who came, but it's also a little disappointing to plan stuff, get it ready (though truthfully I didn't do nearly as much to get ready as I did last year), and then have people not show up. And I get it - things come up, people are busy, there wasn't as much notice. It is a busy time of year for sure.

But I'm also not sure if people are as excited about the idea as I am! I imagine more than one person out there is like a weekend of crafting? Um, no thank you! (Which I get, because while I love crafting so very much, there are things I wouldn't want to spend an entire weekend doing LOL!)

Really, it's late and I'm thinking out loud. I'm tired - I stayed up too late last night (but I had the house. To myself! To do whatever I wanted to with! LOL).

On another note my new meds are managing the headaches, but I'm still taking it pretty around the clock and sometimes there is a background throb even with the meds. Sometimes though there are long periods of no headache and oh, I'm so grateful for that!

1 comment:

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)