Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Misc. Ramblings ...

So, I voted today! It was fun. No, actually it wasn't. But I won't bore you with details. I'm glad I did vote though and my 2 year old shouted "let's vote" about 2 million times today and the girls were given the practice ballots to take home and play their own voting game.
Needless to say, the presidential candidate I voted for did NOT win my state so I'm feeling sort of bummed about that. But, oh well, I voted. I counted. And I feel privileged to do so, especially knowing how many people can't vote around the world (and I know it sounds cheesy, but it is true).
Then we went to the craft store, where I bought more than I probably should have, but yet, managed to stay on the amount I wanted to stay at.

100_9734
(I have to admit I wanted a paper cutter so bad and I'm so glad to get one, but I'm most excited about the how to draw Avatar characters book. We have been in love with that show, I think ever since it came out!)

I started a new knitting project - last week actually. And I am finally knitting something for me! A sweater I fell in love with from the Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2006 magazine (in fact I bought the magazine just for this sweater pattern. And I'm so excited I finally started it. I haven't made much progress ... just some of the back ... but again, it's a start.

100_9749

I did do my thing a day project for today - another accordion book. I wasn't as happy with this one as the last one, but it will work and it did turn out okay in the end.
100_9737

100_9738

My creation

1 comment:

  1. I love the accordion book!

    Thanks so much for leaving the detailed comment at my site. I really value hearing your thoughts. I agree completely that we all carry guilt. I guess I'm just afraid of having regrets too.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)