Thursday, February 07, 2008

How I do it all ..

So, this week, I've gotten a few e-mails about how I manage to do it all. Which truthfully completely cracks me up.
If you came to my house today, you'd see how I get it all done ... by which I mean, how I don't nearly get enough accomplished each day! My house is rarely clean. If you gave me a heads up, I'd certainly clean before you arrived. When I do cook, I like to utilize the crock pot - dump all the ingredients in in the morning and don't think about it again until dinner time. I also tend to double recipes so there are leftovers - enough for the fridge and the freezer. Laundry tends to get done only when I get complaints that no one has clean clothes to wear anymore.
I stay up MUCH too late on a regular basis - which I might mention drives my husband nuts and he HATES that I don't go to bed with him. In fact, it's probably safe to say that it's the "biggest" issue he has with me in our marriage. Don't get me wrong, our marriage is actually pretty decent, but it certainly isn't perfect.
And I'm not perfect. And I most certainly do NOT do it all! In fact I should probably do a little less of what I do do and put a little more effort into the housework and laundry and other things. But, the reality is that most days I do enough to just get by and spend the rest of my time on the "fun" things. And for now it works most days. And some days I'm very tired and regret staying up until 3am the night before to finish that really good book (which I did actually do last night :X)

So there, now you know! I don't get it all done. I'll never be able to get it all done and all I can try to do is get at least a little something done each day! LOL! =)

1 comment:

  1. I agree one hundred percent. I get the same question all the time and my answer is very similar to yours.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)