Wednesday, January 23, 2008

More drawing ....

I've been drawing again, and this time I added a bit of color to my little drawings. These two were both made using a how to draw book that is actually for my kids! But I figure I have to start somewhere, right?




Anyway, I showed these too my hubby and he said that my koala bear is the wrong color (which it is) but I used creative license to do that (and plus a real nice soft gray is not in our colored pencil box anymore LOL). But I think he was shocked to see it. He looked at me funny and said something like "really? you did that?" I think I kind of shocked him because he's never seen me draw before (well, because I haven't really drawn before!). Then I told him as soon as we are debt free and in a better position, I will definitely want to take some classes!

So there you go .. they aren't perfect, they aren't worthy of being in an art museum, but you know what? I don't care! I had a lot of fun making them. And frankly, I'd like to keep drawing a lot. But I also think that I will be looking at our library for some drawing books so that I can start to draw things I see around me and not just follow the steps in a book. Not that following the steps is bad mind you, I enjoy it. But how cool would it be to be able to draw my children, or my husband or other important things around me? I would LOVE be able to do something like that as well.

3 comments:

  1. I love the one of the Koala Bear, you should be very proud of yourself!!! I am lucky to draw stick people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should continue this. You are obviously talented!!! I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:49 PM

    Those are cute and good!!


    btw, tag!

    http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2008/01/tagged-for-viral-linking-meme.html

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)