Saturday, October 20, 2007

Book Review: What Comes After Crazy

So last night, thanks to an inability to sleep (again) I finished the book What Comes After Crazy by Sandi Kahn Shelton.

It's a story about Maz, who is going through some rough times - her husband has left her, her oldest daughter acts like she hates her, she has a crazy mother, she isn't happy in her job, and she isn't sure about how to start dating again.
Now, I'm a big fan of realistic fiction, and even though this book started a bit crazy (and really given the title this is no surprise) but the more I read it the more I thought how it wasn't really that realistic after all. But yet, it wasn't quite a fantasy novel either and so I was left feeling just so-so about the book.
However, the author does a great job of mixing humor in with what are some very sad/hard times. I also think the author happens to be a great writer. This just wasn't a book for me. She has other books out, and I would even attempt to read them because I just like her style.

It could also be said that the book didn't jive with me right now, because well, not much is! Honestly, I feel like I'm stuck in a rut and just feeling very stressed and overwhelmed. This sort of feeling tends to hit me (although I will say this is the first time in a long time and for that I am grateful). This will all pass soon - especially I'm sure once October ends because this whole hubby working an extra job and me working an extra job and all the other stuff going on is really putting me on edge. I am looking forward to November 1 VERY much!

And sorry, I can't give this finished book away to anyone because it's a library book and they would like it back! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)