Thursday, October 04, 2007

Because



Because yesterday was a sort of stinky day
Because I felt guilty for yelling at my daughter
Because I apologized to her for over-reacting
Because my tooth hurt terribly
Because dh wasn't really home yesterday
Because my son stayed up way too late ....

Because of all of that I decided last night to learn to crochet. And so I started. I won't tell you that it took me 3 hours to complete just what I got done! I won't tell you how many times I restarted - it might have been 5 but I lost count. I wont tell you how long it took me to figure out how to do a treble.

I will tell you that I can now chain, single crochet - in the round no less - and treble without looking up how to do it anymore.
It still feels awkward though - when knitting the yarn is in my right hand, with this I'm trying to manipulate in with the left.
I suppose I should have started with something slightly easier, but this really is fun (when I'm not yelling at the needle and yarn for not doing what I want it to do LOL). Besides, this happens to be ear-marked for someone ... so I gotta work through it.

Of course, I only have about 7 things on knitting needles waiting to be finished, some sewing projects to do and some reading to get done ... but all of that can wait for a few hours!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool - I've been wanting to teach myself crochet for quite awhile. By the number of crochet books on my shelf, one would think I already was a crocheter. There are so many cute projects out there. Have you ever looked at Essential Crochet by Erika Knight? It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:01 PM

    what are you making?? I am better at crochet then knitting, but I think I enjoy knitting more LOL I need to get the needles out, they are all still packed from the move, I have to get busy on christmas gifts, they are all going to be homemade, crafty, easy to ship items this year. So I need ideas!!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)