Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Random goodness

Look at all the gorgeous skirts Home Jewel and her family are making! They are following the patterns from Sew What Skirts. Yes. I want this book. So please, buy it and send it to me, or shop from my etsy store so that I can just buy it myself!

Speaking of making things, Anna (over at Lullabies and Lace) is busy making some very fun things too!

I read these blogs and want to go buy fabric and sew some of my very own skirts and clothes like these talented people. Then I remember that I'm only allowed to buy fabric (and other craft items) with money that I earn. And I haven't earned any money! LOL! Oh well. Some day!

I have also decided to sew some cloth napkins for my family. And I have decided that really, fabric purchase for these should be exempt from my not spending money because I am making something for the family and not myself and if I don't make them, I'll buy them, and I'm pretty sure it's much cheaper to make them then to buy them ... so really, by buying fabric for these, I'll be saving money and not spending it! See how good I am at this rationalization thing.
Here are some on-line patterns I have found to make them that I like:
- directions from instructables
- directions from Pearl Bee
- directions from The Family Homestead

I think I like the Pearl Bee ones the best - but I don't know about making my own bias and all that jazz honestly LOL! I might whip up some simpler ones for now and then make some fancier ones using those directions at another time.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:38 PM

    Skirts are some of the easier pieces of clothing to sew. I love sewing and sew many of the girls' clothes. I have made skirts, jumpers, and blouses for them as well as myself. If you can find a good pattern, you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...if you are making for the family it should come out of the samily budget! The skirts look fun to make...wish I were crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the sewing! I don't have any sewing books to give away, but I am having another drawing for a free book. Stop by if you get the time between skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should be able to buy fabric for skirts. We have a clothing budget each month because clothes are a necessity so that is where I get my money to sew skirts with. :)

    That book looks like a definate MUST HAVE. Maybe we can get it and share it with each other??? I love the fabrics of thier skirts. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)