Thursday, August 30, 2007

Howdy ...

Well I originally intended to sign on, add a few updates to yesterdays post and call it a day, but then I started typing and it turned into more than a few sentences. Hence, a new post today LOL!

Regarding yesterday:
I want to add thanks for the nice comments. I also want to say that I understand it would be better to save the entire amount I make for sitting. However, for the next month only 100 dollars is being used towards misc, entertainment, extra, bonus - whatever you want to call it. We are in general on a pretty tight budget and so I am making a conscious choice to not save a small part of it (1-2 yards of fabric worth) and then saving the rest.

I also want to add (and it's sort of a brag but really I'm saying it because I am excited) we will be debt free except the house in November! How awesome is that? We will have no cc debt, no car payments, not debt aside from the house. I can't tell you how food that will feel. So we will be on baby step 3 by Christmas! Yeah!!

UPDATED DECEMBER 2007 - I have NO clue why I thought we could do this - I believe I wasn't grasping the total amount of debt that we had. Although we are over half-way through paying our debt, we are certainly NOT debt free and it won't happen very quickly truthfully. I felt the need to come back and say this because 1) I was pretty cocky back then and I needed to come down from my high horse and 2) it certainly isn't nearly as easy as I thought it would be - it's hard work, but i promise, it certainly is worth it.

Although admittedly, debt is not our big issue at the present moment - learning to live within our means is the big lesson we need to learn. And we are both learning it, slowly by surely. And we also very committed to learning that lesson ASAP. We do not want to live paycheck to paycheck. We do not want to live worrying about all the bills that will be due soon. We want to enjoy life and to live and have fun. I think a good 8-10 years of hard work in order to get that and I think in the long run it will be worth it and feel so good!

I might also add - having the 2 little girls here today isn't all that bad (and hopefully I haven't jinxed myself just now LOL!). They are getting along well with my 3 and of course we've had a few moments of trying to figure out who can play with what toy (of course we have those moments every day LOL!), but overall, I have to say they are two very well-behaved girls. I imagine that tomorrow will go just as smoothly. I was even able to do a tiny bit of scrapbooking today - which is amazing LOL! =)

Now I just need to get some more knitting time to finish up a few projects. And one more book and I will have read my goals for the year =)

I have to admit that life is feeling pretty good right now, even if I am feeling a bit broke - I can say that I'm happy where we are at adn the places I think we are heading!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:10 PM

    Wow! You guys are doing a great job already and it is wonderful how committed you are!

    I hope tomorrow goes just as well with all the kiddos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:52 AM

    Good luck with the budget! That's amazing that you can be debt free that soon! Even if I paid off the credit cards, I'd still have those awful student loans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is great for you guys! I am really happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)