Thursday, December 28, 2006

Phew ...


Okay, as you can see, I added large amounts of posts lately - mostly the 25 Days of Christmas Project and the ABC Along!

I have to say, despite mass postings right at the end here, I really enjoyed doing both of them and would love to do them both again in 2007!
The ABC Along was a great way to just have a few posts each month even if there was nothing else to show, and the 25 Days of Christmas was fun as I love the holidays. Christmas next year will be even more fabulous since we will be in our very own home! I can not wait to get there (1-2 months to go until then!) and to decorate and celebrate with the kids in some ways that I dream of celebrating but have been unable to in this house.

Anyway, speaking of Christmas, this year was the best one ever - declared so by my 7 and 4 year old! I think so as well. The holidays brought me several more opportunities to make things ... I recieved a breadmaker from my darling dh.


Now, I've been asking for one for, oh, roughly, forever! As we speak I have a 2 pound loaf of wheat bread baking - well, it's probably in the rising stage, but none-the-less, it's there, it's working, and I LOVE it! We have made 2 loaves on it already - so I'm going for one a day apparently!
I did a 1 pound wheat bread first and yesterday we did a 2 pound cheesey bread. Oh, I must say I am in love with this machine =) I can also do jams in it, so I think later today I am going to try a rasberry jam. Yum. Fresh jam for my fresh bread, does it get any better?

I also recieved the Dear Jane book for Christmas.

         

I have already bought some fabric for it - not enough to finish it, but enough to get started!
And last night I cut pieces to make my first block. Hopefully there will be a picture to show sooner, rather than later! I'm excited to start this project ... it will take me a long time for sure (at just 2 blocks a week, and then 2 triangles a week, I figure I will finish it in roughly 3-4 years.) But I am up for the challenge and can't wait to tackle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)