Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Here they are - all done! I think they turned out very well ...
I would like to point out a few things though -
Each costume consists of the dress underneath and the overcoat. The dresses underneath were way to fancy IMO and in hindsite, they could have been made far simplier, but oh well.
In an effort to save money I hand made all the flowers and the snowflakes. Again, I almost would have rather spent the money and just bought them. Although, I have never made flowers before and now I can add that to my list of things I know how to do.
Thirdly, my oldest was insistant that her ribbon trim be both blue and silver. We couldn't find anything that fit the bill. So I bought blue ribbon and silver ribbon and hand-sewed them together (because I was afraid I wouldn't line it up well on the machine). I wish I had either said NO! to having silver and blue OR just used the machine and hoped for the best ... it's a costume afterall! But alas I didn't.
So there are the costumes. I will say, I am glad they are done now! I finished them up today ... which is good as we have TWO halloween parties tomorrow, one Friday, a possible one Saturday, an event to wear them to Monday and of course Trick or Treating!
Hey, at least they will get a lot of wear! =)