Sunday, May 22, 2011

Big milestone reached

Brandie is home.  She got in about 3pm and is already back resting.  She is mobile enough to get herself up from bed (with the help of half a dozen pillows behind her), that was a major concern.  We saw the comments, looks like we'll be ok without needing to rent a hospital bed.

She'll still have another adult here in the house with her all the time for at least the next couple of days.  So it won't just be her and our kids.  After that, for those of you who are local and wanted to stop by, come on over !

I'm not sure Brandie intended for her mom and I to hijack her blog as we did, but it worked well.  Now that I've shared the good news, I think this will be my last posting here.  Hopefully soon Brandie will have it back to it's regularly scheduled programming :)

Eric

12 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sir. That truly is good news. Well done, Brandie. Just get better - take your time and get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO!!!! even better that she CAN get up and down w/out a hospital bed. those suckers are HUGE!!!

    so glad you're home brandie. and thank you eric and brandie's mama for keeping all of us posted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might want to look into renting a recliner. My sister's husband rented her one after her double mastectomy this past fall. It was a lifesaver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you, Brandie, as you start on the road to recovery. So glad you are surrounded by love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo hoo! Yay, Brandie! (And thank you to Eric and her mom (Ellen?) who is posting for her - the updates are so appreciated. So glad to hear that things are really turning up right now.

    I'm picking up the chocolate chip cookie dough tomorrow afternoon, but I'll hold onto it for a few days (in my freezer?) until Brandie is ready for a visitor - maybe next week sometime when I get back from A1. SO happy to hear that Brandie's home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to hear that Brandie is home and thank you so much Eric and Ellyn for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:51 AM

    Brandie - welcome home & take it easy. May all the love heal you! Chris, San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see Brandie's words again. Not that we don't appreciate the help, Eric and Ellyn!

    So glad you're home, Brandie! Hope each day brings you a little more energy and a little less pain.

    Muwah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm visiting your blog by way of Kim Moldofsky. Warmest wishes for health and healing, Brandie! All the best, Cindy Fey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad she's home; I'm not sure you're off the hook just yet Eric. If you leave us hanging without at least a tweet (or maybe a post), we'll be worried and wondering. That gave me an idea. Eric will you drop me a note kim {at} momimpact {com}?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brandie, thinking of you. I know you're having a rough recovery, sending prayers!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)