Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Craft Day - Day 2!

I woke up with high expectations:

IMG_0293

I had fabric cut to finish binding on placemats, make a skirt and make an apron.

I stayed up last night cutting the fabric out. And I woke up eager to work. And then my sewing machine decided it didn't want to cooperate. So I cleaned it, oiled it, got all the fuzz out of there. It was much happier and decided to start working. Between that and the whole being mom and taking care of the house thing, and some things taking longer than I anticipated, I managed to finish the skirt!

IMG_0323

Here it is on the hanger - the top matches the bottom:

IMG_0326

I like it, but I think it might be too wide to have the ruffle on the bottom, so I'm going to let it sit for a day or two and then decide what to do with it. Maybe nothing. We'll see.

To see more of my pictures go here, and with any luck I'll finish at least the apron before heading off to bed!

Edited to add - I made the skirt using Sew What! Skirts and tracing one of my favorite skirts to get the shape of the skirt!

1 comment:

  1. k, first off - YOU HAVE WINTER DECORATIONS UP?!

    and second, I think the skirt i adorable! but it would also look cute w/o the ruffle. and I've only seen one side of it, so you'd know better than I would!

    and third, now I want to make a skirt.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)