Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Good Yarn ...

Remember way back when I was knitting and reading?
Well I finally finished the mystery book last week! However, I am still plugging along on that sweater and baby's first birthday is coming soon! The book was A Good Yarn by Debbie Macomber.
A good light read. One of those pretty predictable books IMO, but I still enjoyed it. It was just what I needed when I was taking breaks from unpacking, organizing, cleaning, schooling, etc, etc. I didn't realize there is a book by Macomber that come before it so I will have to go and read The Shop On Blossom Street soon I think!
I did really enjoy all the characters though - kind of like in the quilting series I read - you fall in love with the characters, want the best for them, and still want to see how their lives continued on after the book is over. And it also makes me want to visit that yarn shop, knit with these woman and share my life with them - a book that leaves you with a good feeling when you are done for sure!
Now I need to finish that baby sweater LOL!

1 comment:

  1. I won a copy of A Good Yarn in a blog comment contest. I'm not normally a fan of that author, but I found myself really enjoying the book. A nice, mellow read that goes quickly and makes you want to find some friends and knit...

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)