Sunday, January 07, 2007

What I've been busy with ...



My first block for my Dear Jane Quilt is finished! Yeah! It's block C-12 Family Reunion - which funnily enough I completed during our family's Christmas party this weekend - which is like a family reunion!
It's not perfect by any means, but it will do.
I hand pieced it ... I set out with the idea to hand sew the entire quilt - all the blocks, the triangles, the binding, the quilting ... I will say this, I am a painstakingly slow hand sewer. I may have to rethink this decision! LOL




The dress has been finished! Finally. Two night of staying up much too late with some more work today ... I'm so glad it's done, and not very happy I procastinated on it so much!




Yes Mom! I love this dress!
The top, with the collar, and the sleeve ruffle and the sleeve .... this top was pretty tedious truth be told. And, although you can't see it, the dress bottom is attached to the top - kind of at armpit height and it was all gathered - I think I spent about 70% of the sewing of the dress and pinafore just on the top half of the dress.




Eh, buttons are still missing in the photo, but this is how the back looks. Kind of cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)