Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Updates ...

I started my book yesterday for the Winter Classics Challenge.
I am beginning with Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert. So far to me, it's a good book. I guess I don't get the whole amazingly wonderful classic that all should read ... but maybe I'm not as "deep" as those people who say that are! We'll see what happens when I get to the end =)

I received some fabric in the mail today for what will become my Dear Jane quilt...



Well, I like it enough - but I think from now on, I will be shopping in store. Some of it just isn't "me" but I think all of it, except maybe 2 of the fat quarters will blend in the quilt nicely, and really that is the point of it, right? But had I been picking these fat quarters in person, well, maybe half would not have made it home with me :0

I also had a chance to get some knitting done today. Which is good since 2 Christmas gifts aren't done. Yeah, just a slight problem, dontcha think? One will be bumped for a Christmas gift to a first birthday gift and the other will just be given late if I can finish it while the one it is intended for is still in the same size clothes! LOL!

And now I am off to make a dress for my oldest, who needs it for a play. We've only known about this for, oh, geeze, 2 months now? Of course the play is in 1.5 weeks. Nothing like waiting for the last minute, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:29 PM

    Way to go, Brandie. I'm afraid I won't get to my first classic for another week or so. I have two books for book clubs to read first.

    Madame Bovary is one of my challenge choices, too. Will be anxious to hear your thoughts when you finish.

    The quilt fabric is beautiful. It almost makes me want to get my quilt out and work on it again. I need a bit of down time first, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)