Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I'm never washing my hand again ....

I used to watch the TV shows, and the characters would get to meet someone famous, shake their hand and then promptly declare, "I'm never washing this hand again!"
I have had about as close experience to that as can be recently ....
An author that I really like is apparently on an e-mail list I just joined. For real. And she sent out an e-mail to the group - asking for a Recipe. A recipe. Know what that means - she cooks! For her family! According to the e-mail.
I was star struck.
It took every ounce of will power I had to not click "reply to" and then go on and on about how much I love her books, and how fabulous I think she is, and how neat we are on the same e-mail list - which coincidentally is about a hobby I would not have learned were it not for her books, and to just ramble away at how fabulous she is and how I love her books and I can't wait for the next one ....
and get how much I was planning on rambling to her? A lot!
And then I probably would have scared her - she might have thought I was a stalker or something scary like that. When really I was just so shocked to see an e-mail from her sent to me. And even though it wasn't really to me per se, it was to me! And that was fabulous!
Now I have to go check and see if she e-mailed again. And if she did, oh, I don't know .. I might just have to maybe send a quick hi back - I mean, that would be okay right? And not, you know, scare her completely?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)