Friday, January 12, 2007

More Reading ...

A few days ago I finished A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemmingway.
Okay, I didn't really enjoy it when I first started, but then I fell in love with the book. I really enjoyed it and was sad to see it end.
Of course, the ending was not a surprise. But while I was reading it, I thought we are supposed to know the ending. We are supposed to think about it ending how it does. It did not bother me to know the ending - which usually I hate books that I can predict the ending while reading! But for this book, it just seemed, that was the right way for the book to be - if that makes any sense at all.
This book was for the Winter Classics Challenge and I am so glad I picked it!

Now, this puts me at 2 books for the year and I'm halfway through Bookseller of Kabul ... another book I am loving! I also have to say I didn't know the book was non-fiction. I saw a lot about it, but for some reason that fact never made it into my mind. It is a fascinating book ... the kind I want to stay up late reading!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are doing really well on the classics challenge. Two down already! I just started on my first one, Woman in White.

    Love the blocks for your quilt. I don't see any puckers!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)