Thursday, January 18, 2007

Day the World Came to Town

I finished another book ...
The Day the World Came to Town.

What can I say about this book ... wow.
I cried. I laughed. It was hard to read and yet I flew through it very quickly. I started it yesterday and did not want to put it down.

For me, this is the first thing I've really read about 9/11 (or watched for that matter) since it occured. And the book took me back to some really awful moments, but yet, it offers hope and is uplifting to the spirit.

This book was for the TBR Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I also read this recently. What a great book. I recommended it to many other people. I hope they follow my suggestion. I hate to sound trite, but the book gave me hope in humanity. There is so much evil in the world, and to think of these kind and generous people, gives me incredible hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read it but I'll add it to the bottomless list.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)