Thursday, January 19, 2012

Merry-Go-Round



Life is like a merry-go-round these days. There are up days and down days. Except, unlike a merry-go-round where it goes up and down evenly, I feel like I get a bit of time in the up area, and then wham! Back down where I get stuck for a while.

Truthfully, I'm probably just being pulled down to quick these days as I'm sure I'm in a phase with some minor depression {which, after last week, was probably just kind of obvious}. I suppose this shouldn't come as a huge surprise, and yet, it kind of has. Right now there is just a disconnect between my mind and my physical abilities. I want to be doing more. I want to be back to "normal" (whatever that may mean). I want to be up and running around and doing everything I was doing a year ago. But my body? It's not there yet. I get tired easily. I get worn out. I get sore. And this week? I got hit by a virus. At first I thought it was the plague. Then I was convinced I'd be patient zero in the zombie apocalypse. Either way, I was convinced the CDC should be notified right away so they could study what was going on. {Dramatic? Me? Oh, never ;-) }

Alas, it was nothing that serious and instead just the same virus causing havoc all over our area - including with 2 of my children. But boy, has it knocked me out.

And I know I will bounce back. This will pass. More good days are coming. But in the meantime, I'm going to be resting as much as I can!

3 comments:

  1. Loving this post. You are such an inspiration!! :)

    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you comforting, healing, loving wishes at this very moment. I love your writing, Brandie, as you always bring your readers right where you are. I can feel the merry-go-round, but I will instead picture you resting on one of those nice spacious, cozy benches where you can stretch out and feel steady and sound without all the ups and downs, OK? Peace and light, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. The merry go round sucks. I wish you could be healthy and active, too...

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)