Monday, January 30, 2012

Bucket List

Over Thanksgiving weekend we traveled to St. Louis to visit some family. We had a very wonderful time (as we always do!). Someday, maybe, I'll have to share pictures because we went to this cute Christmas village that was amazing. But, that's for another date.

We travel down there every Thanksgiving weekend and sometimes in the spring. Usually I'm excited about it because it means 5ish hours of knitting {or some similar project in the car}. This trip was different though ... knitting was out of the question for a variety of reasons - but mostly because I was in pain and just couldn't work on it.

Anyway, I spent the first hour or so pretty much pouting about this. But then I started talking. And my poor husband, because once I get going, I do not stop. And as I was chit-chatting somehow we came around to bucket lists. And right there in the car I started a bucket list! I've never made one before so it was kind of fun. So, without further ado, here is my bucket list!

  • Go to Las Vegas {no! I've never been before!}
  • Go on a knitting retreat weekend {or a whole week, I won't be picky!}
  • Hike a {small} mountain
  • Take a photography class
  • Girls weekend {again, I've never done this, but it would be so fun, wouldn't it?}
  • Go to taping of Wait, Wait ... Don't Tell Me {it's in Chicago, wanna go with me?}
  • Learn to play piano
  • Learn to speak Swedish {what, no one said I had to pick practical things}
  • Visit Sweden {bet you didn't see that one coming lol!}
  • Go to top of St. Louis Arch {seen it, driven by it, never been up it!}
  • Go to top of Statue Liberty {nope, never even been to New York period}
  • Give back {not sure specifically how. Still searching on this one}
  • Knit hats for hospital
  • Enter my knitting into some sort of fair/competition {even if I get last place, I can say I did it}
  • Attend Blogher {or another similar conference}
My husband informs me some of these aren't BIG enough for a bucket list. So I informed him that he was wrong. And I'm always right. So there. LOL!

And I know at least one of these things will happen this year. It will be fun if I can knock several things off this list, but we'll just have to see how the year unfolds!

Have you made a bucket list? Share!

4 comments:

  1. That's a great list. Ignore him, your list has do-able things that some people are too afraid to do. :) The county fair is a GREAT way to enter your stuff. I had tons of fun in 2011 entering stuff, and I'm going to be entering more this year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some BIG things there! Like it. Now get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bucket list sounds achievable and good going on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)