|Middle child at the sky deck!|
id of heights. I don't like them. I took the kids to the top of the Sears Tower (that yes, is technically now names the Willis Tower but not in my mind) and it was terrifying to step out into the glass and look down. I was freaking out.
2. However, I went out on the bridge at the Grand Canyon and just felt peace. I think it's because there were no little people or cars down below me so I wasn't quite sure how high we were. And the Grand Canyon is HUGE and that look down felt not so big comparatively. Also, it's gorgeous there and I think I was so in awe of it that I just forgot I was up so high.
3. When I was in 7th grade, during social studies (maybe it was geography) I accidentally tipped my whole desk over. I was reaching for a pencil and I thought I could reach it. Turns out that I couldn't. And the desk just went over. I was thinking about it because I fell on my right arm/shoulder and it hurt so much. I was just trying to not cry because everyone was looking at me. That tends to be the reaction when a desk tips over. Not my finest moment.
|Me at Grand Canyon|
5. I think I feel humiliated and embarrassed a lot. Probably a lot more than I need to, and yet, I am kind of klutzy and have a tendency to say things that I shouldn't. And so I end up feeling embarrassed and humiliated. When this happens (or I just perceive it happening) I turn bright red in my face. Like bright red. Like I'd rather the Earth opened up and swallowed me than have everyone watch as my face turns into a lobster.
6. My name is actually and really Brandie. And no I don't know why. And no, it's not short for anything. And yes, it's actually spelled with an ie on my birth certificate.
7. I like even numbers. Or multiples of five. Odd numbers (that aren't a 5) bother me. I will also not read the last e-mail that arrives in my inbox if it means that I will have an odd number of unread e-mails. No, I don't get it either. But there it is.
|My Mrs. Claus Apron|
9. I am currently going through all our digital pictures - deleting bad ones/multiples of the same thing, removing red eye, organizing them, tagging them, etc. At the rate I'm going, if I never take another picture, I'll be finished in about 5 years. It is a daunting task. But I work on it for 30-60 once or twice a week because it's enough to get something done while keeping it from being overwhelming.
10. Because of my shoulder and pain and treating it, I've spent a lot of time this week watching the show Brothers & Sisters. And I'm in love. I'm at the start of season 2. And I am enjoying it a lot!