Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2014





Here it is. The first day of 2014.

I can't lie, I have a great feeling about this year. Having an awesome new year's eve is helping that along. And even though we drove in some not friendly (snow, wind, cold temps, slick roads) weather tonight, I've still got a great feeling.

Yesterday morning, before bright and early even started, we all packed in the car for a whirlwind trip to Cincinnati, OH.

Giants ... er, windmills
It's a roughly 5.5 hour trip (though we took slightly over 6 hours with some bathroom breaks thrown in). I brought along some knitting, in a gorgeous teal color that I can't wait to show you all when it's done.

I flipped through radio stations {side note: Indiana really needs to work on their radio stations. I was unimpressed both coming and going}, chatting with the husband, thought about Don Quixote. It was a good and uneventful drive.

lunch fun!
We headed into Cincinnati and treated the kids to a nice surprise: lunch at Tom + Chee. We saw this place on Shark Tank and all thought it sounded interesting, and since we were going to be in the area, why not stop by and check it out? It was good! A great concept! Took us a while to get a seat because a lot of people go and the sitting area is roughly the size of a postage stamp. But we nabbed a table and happily ate away.

Then off to see our friends - who we don't see nearly enough (though I could say that about all of my friends). Some relaxing, hanging out, chilling.

Onto last night in which we had a fabulous evening. Lots of laughter, talking, game playing {full disclosure: I won, so I may have enjoyed it more than some ;-)}, and then it was time to ring in 2014. And we did. In such a great way - I had my family around me and good friends too. Which I think makes me pretty darn lucky!

Today we had a slow morning - which we all needed! And early afternoon it was time to head back home. Of course, Chicago was at the tail end of a snow storm, so things got a bit scary as we got close to home, but we survived.

new project
I worked on a new crochet project I started at midnight (my tradition of starting a new craft project at midnight holds up). Husband and I talked, some planning of things to come this year. It makes me happy and excited.

So. I have high hopes for 2014. I don't over-the-top-fabulous things to happen. I just want a year that I can look back on in 364 days and think, that was a mighty fine year.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Here's to a wonderful 2014. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)