Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A new journey ...

It seems lately I'm on a new journey around here, that is seriously messing with my crafting time.

I have been actively exercising (something I almost never ever do), eating healthy, and getting out of the house to take walks and explore nature with the kids.

I am a person who was averaging at least 4 cans of pop a day (yes, that means that some days I drank more!) It's so sad, but I needed all that caffeine to keep me going. Anyway, over the last 4 days I have only had 2. Might not seem like much, but even my husband is impressed with me.

And I've been sleeping more - not up so late at night.

I have to tell you. I feel great. I am loving this. I can't wait to do my exercise each day. Which, I am doing the EA Sports Active 30 day challenge. I wish I could say it was sponsored (then I wouldn't have had to buy it LOL) but alas, this is not. This is just me saying that I finally found something that has me so excited to work-out each day! And I've been so motivated by wanting to exercise, that I've been eating better and trying to be healthier in general.

This is nothing short of amazing. A week ago I couldn't even do 10 squats without wanting to cry, now I can do 16 jumping squats!

Today is only day 5 - but the worst soreness has already worn off. I can walk up the stairs without wanting to cry ;-) It's an amazing feeling. I've never pushed through that pain of starting a new work out program.

Anyway, I'm learning how to juggle all of this into my list of things I need to do each day and so there's a learning curve to figure out what things stay in each day and what needs to go and what needs to be added.

But, I think I'm on a good journey, one I needed to do for a while just to get myself healthier. Of course, my favorite pair of jeans deciding to not fit anymore is what finally got me up off my butt, but I'm glad I finally did! =)

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. Way to go. I've been trying to eat better lately too and I can honestly say that it really affects my moods. If I eat too much sugar and junk...I can feel my whole body start to shut down, including my brain. I guess that saying "you are what you eat" is true. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is really inspiring. Keep up the good hard. I know it's tough, but you are doing so well already. I am the Community Manager for EA SPORTS Active and would love to talk to you more about this. Feel free to email me at kpeck@ea.com and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)