Thursday, September 10, 2009

Busy Bee!

Well since my last oh whoa is me post, I've been quite busy over here working on things.
Yes, working, with renewed energy.

Saturday night I touched nothing. I took a break. I walked away. I figured one night of doing nothing wasn't going to end the world. And since we are all still here, I was right LOL!

Anyway, Sunday I found joy in working again, mostly by doing a mind shift and switching to some knitting projects that allowed me to come out of the sewing room and hang with the kids. Which, was very nice. I also brought out the i-pod and caught up on a couple podcasts I enjoy listening too. There is nothing like sitting on the front porch, listening to some great stuff, knitting away on a beautiful day, while watching the kids play around you. It's hard to feel overwhelmed then because it all feels fun and relaxing.

And then after the kids went to bed, I hung out in the sewing room - and also brought down a portable dvd player so I was able to watch some great movies as well. The good news is that I've finished quite a few projects. Both of the things I was making for my daughter's birthday (it's today! I can't believe it ... time always feels like it's flying in the blink of an eye when a birthday rolls around. Because I swear she was just born yesterday and now she's 7!!!). I finished the blanket I promised my son for the train trip (20 more days until then!). I've started two of the knitting projects that need to be worked on. I have cut out all the pieces for the halloween costumes - which doesn't sound like much, but anyone who has done it knows that's about half the project! And I finished a blanket that is going to someone else.

Tomorrow I hope to have pictures of the things that are remaining in this house. Since last time I showed pictures of a gift, the person it went to figured it out before receiving it - I won't post pictures until after they are given! Even if it is for my own child =)

Tomorrow, hopefully some pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. I am glad you took a little break and found some renewed energy. Sometimes that is all we need. I can't wait to see some of your finished items.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)