Monday, August 31, 2009

Special Project

This week I am working on a very special project that was a request from a friend. So I'll probably be scarce.

With that said, I'll leave some shots of recent finished projects for you all to admire!

IMG_4437

IMG_4444

That's my sister wearing this prayer shawl. It was my graduation gift to her. She left for college a few weeks ago. I hope she took it with and I hope that she uses it to cuddle up with whenever she may need it!

IMG_4435

Knitted socks (not for me though!). My mom asked me to knit them for another relative. So I did! My aunt called and thanked me. I just hope they fit her and they keep her toes nice and warm!

And now for some non-craft items ... last week we made pasta. Yes, made pasta!
100_5290
Me cutting it - which I wasn't so great at honestly.

100_5289
Hanging on the hanger. A lot of the pieces actually ended up breaking and falling off.

100_5277
But, it still tasted yummy!! (also, I'd like to add I made the sauce from tomatoes I canned and zucchini fresh from the garden and that the beans were also fresh from the garden - and my little garden doesn't produce much, but what we do pick from it makes my heart soar!!)

The best compliment I got was from my 6 year old M. She said, and I quote "Wow mom. It tastes like real pasta! Good job!" So cute and I guess they must have been nervous about how it was going to taste ;-)

Anyway, hopefully I'll be back at the end of the week with som fun stuff to show you! =)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brandie,
    You do such beautiful work on your knitting.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)