Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ramblings

Not much to say, so I'll ramble for a bit tonight (I promise to keep it short though!)

A lot of people have been coming here after searching bread bags. Which reminds me I have one embroidered that needs to be stitched together. Hmmm ... maybe I can do that tomorrow! I also had someone e-mail me if I'd sell any bags. Not sure I'm ready to do that, but I guess that means the one I did finish must have looked good!

Speaking of bags, I'm going to try my hand at making some produce bags. But I want to sew them out of organic cotton, and I can't find it locally (yet) so I'll probably have to order it on-line.

I had my first Sonic this weekend. I've never eaten it, never been to one. I was completely flustered when I paid and had NO idea if I was supposed to tip or not (I didn't. I felt guilty the whole way home). We went back today for half-off drinks, I thought the kids would get a kick out of someone roller blading to bring us our food. Except the manager delivered our drinks and she walked. They still enjoyed it and I asked her if tipping was standard (her response - it's completely optional. Half do and half don't BUT their staff is paid minimum wage and not waitressing minimum wage, so it's not necessary. I admit, I feel better about not tipping now).

In what I consider craziness, I started two new knitting projects this weekend. I might finish them this year ... but don't hold your breath! LOL!

I've been doing lots of reading - mostly light, easy, quick fun reads. Perfect for the end of summer I think and for a mom who doesn't have many brain cells left at the end of the day!

That is all for now. Hopefully soon I'll have some fun pictures of finished projects to show?

1 comment:

  1. It is so refreshing to learn that another mother ends her day with fewer brain cells than when she began. :)

    How did you enjoy your first bite of Sonic? I miss it terribly. They are so cruel to us here. They show commercials for Sonic but the closest one is probably a 2-3 hour drive.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)