Tuesday, June 03, 2008

So Sad ...

Last week a dear friend of mine moved away. It is unlikely we will be able to see each other for quite sometime. For the moment, we have only the internet and phone to keep in touch. And she is in the middle of getting set up and reconnected and so she is temporarily unavailable.
But this is the kind of friend that - at least for me - doesn't come along very often. Don't get me wrong, I have a LOT of great friends for sure that I love to hang out with and be around - but this was more than that for me. I could (and did) tell her anything and everything. I could tell her the good, the bad, the ugly - all of it - and she listened. And didn't judge. And in many ways understood in ways that most people can't - because she had been there or pretty close to there.
And frankly, it sucks completely! And I miss her.
But her husband is still looking for a job (the reason they had to leave because his stupid company laid him off) and I just pray that he can find work back in this area and before too long they will be back again. And she will be over at my house. And the kids can play and we can talk. And this will just feel like she went on a kind of long vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)