Thursday, March 20, 2008

Welcome Spring!

Today is the first day of spring. Except, apparently Mother Nature did not get the memo and we are under a winter weather warning. And supposed to have 8-11 inches dumped on us between late tonight and Saturday morning. According to the weather.com it will snow for approximately 18 hours straight.
But, really? I'm not holding my breath. And I wonder if it's all hype and will turn out to be a 15 minute light snow fall. Because we live in Chicago. And we have Lake Michigan. And the whole lake effect apparently throws off a lot of predictions.
However, just in case, I went to the store tonight and bought lots of food. Too much food. And I spent a lot more than I intended. Yet, we have 2 extra kids staying at our house until next Saturday (as in like 10 days away next Saturday) and even though they are not monsters, the thought of taking my 3 plus those 2 to the store, leaving me with a 2, 4, 5, 7, and 8 year old, frankly does not appeal to me in any way shape or form. Nor do I feel like dealing with "wow! Are they all yours?" which annoys me, but has to be even more annoying if the answer is yes because why do people even care?
Anyway, we are now a 7 person household. And there is a lot of laundry that appeared in the last 24 hours in my house (the two extra persons appeared last night into the 1000stitches house).

The good news is that all the kids are behaving pretty good and there wasn't too much talking after bedtime last night - which is amazing since 4 kids slept in one room - and that's good. But 5 kids - aged 2-8 - are REALLY loud. And they all woke each other pretty early and the two extras are missing their family (who left for Florida this am, just in time because they didn't want to deal with the spring winter weather warning) and so that's been a little tough.

Anyway, I am rambling. I will either not post until the 2 extra persons are gone. Or I will come post every 5 minutes to update you on how life is going with 2 extra persons. I'm not sure yet.

Hope you are all enjoying the first day of spring. And I hope you are not dealing with floods or too much snow. And if you are, stay safe and be careful!

1 comment:

  1. So much for a light snowfall. I'm at the ILs in Barrington and there is probably 6 or 7 inches here.

    p.s. We're putting an offer on a house in Wauconda today... how close is that to you?

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)