Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Life ...

Life can be crazy sometimes. It can take you on many different twists and turns - some you can plan for and others are just surprises!

I feel like life is crazy around here and we are twisting and turning in some unexpected ways. I suppose that is a normal feeling when you've lost someone you cared about - because it hurts and it reminds you that someday, your life will come to an end as well. A few months ago I envisioned a care free spring, one in which the snow would melt, the green grass would peek through and we would spend more time outside playing and hopefully have three worn out kids at the end of each day.

Of course, we will probably have all of that, but it will be different from the last few springs because we won't be anxiously waiting for grannie and grandpa to come home from Florida. I will actually begin working weekends in about a month. We have planned a trip, just a week ago, to go to Florida in one month. My 5 year old is going to preschool 3 days a week. We have a desire to move - except it's not to New Hampshire anymore.

And through all of this, I have still not reclaimed my desire to sit down and knit, or sew, or cross stitch, or work on a scrapbook, or make a card, or ... well, do anything. Which is unfortunate because I have piles of things that need to be finished, a pile of things that need to be started and just a few short weeks ago, I couldn't wait to do so many projects.

I know this will pass. But I hate feeling like I am in funk. I hate knowing I have things to do, things to make, things to try out, and yet, not being able to get into the work and do it. And I hate not having pictures to show you and to share with you. I hope soon it will come back. Perhaps the weather will get nicer and my mood will lift up with it. Perhaps something so exciting will need to be made that it will rush back to me. Who knows, but I do hope it happens soon! =)

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Brandie ~ thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit at the Ultimate Blog Party. I decided to pop on over to visit you, and I find this post . . . . and I remember not too long ago feeling the same way. After struggling with my health for about six months, once I began to feel better I still had very little energy. And I was so discouraged because of all the projects that I had not been able to work on, didn't even care about working on them. But as the days went by, and I continued to stay connected to others who shared my love of my craft, I gradually came back to life! And you will to . . . . just stay connected so we can support and encourage you through this time. You'll be OK! Have a wonderful Tuesday! Nina

    http://mamaslittletreasures.typepad.com/mamaslittletreasures/

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)