Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Knit-A-Thon

Very soon (like 10 weeks!) I'll be walking in my third Avon 2-Day walk. And in order to walk in it, I have raise a bit of money. Of course, by a bit, I mean a lot! 1800 to be exact! This year, I'm not even close to it yet!

So, this year, I'm shaking it up a bit. I'm going to do a knit-a-thon.

On Saturday April 26 and Sunday April 27!

The date is important because April 26 will be the third anniversary of my diagnosis.

I can't think of anything better I'd like to do on that day than knit all day.

So I will.

The plan is to knit for 24 hours. But I'm also a mom and I have to function, so I'm actually doing 12 hours on Saturday and 12 hours on Sunday. 10:30am to 10:30pm.

10:30 am is about the time the doctor called to give me the news.

IMG_7209 All day I'm going to be knitting. I will be working on either a scarf (or two) or some washcloths. 

At the end of my knit-a-thon I'm going to randomly give what I've made to the people who donate to me.

This is kind of bittersweet too because I've also decided that this will be my last Avon walk, at least for a while.

The walk is hard - which I mean, walking 39 miles isn't easy, but it's just too much for me. It's very hard on me physically.

It's also hard on my family. It is a lot of time.

I know it's for a good cause. I believe in making a difference. But it's also time for me to make a difference in a different way.

That said, I'm still excited about walking this year for the third time. And I can't wait to do my knit-a-thon. It will be such a blast.

Anyway, if you'd like to learn more about my walk, here is my Avon Page!

I might live-blog my knit-a-thon too, I'm not sure yet. I think twitter and instagram might be a better platform that day. Naturally, I'll keep you all posted!

6 comments:

  1. I've tweeted it out for you through FacingCancer.ca (@cancer2gether) and wish you loads of success. There are so many ways to give forward. The knitting is a marathon in itself!

    Good luck raising funds. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize it was 39 miles. That's more than a marathon! Do you have to do it all at once? How'd they come up with 39 miles?

    I wanna support you more in this! Please tell me how I can help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize it was 39 miles. That's more than a marathon! Do you have to do it all at once? How'd they come up with 39 miles?

    I wanna support you more in this! Please tell me how I can help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome thing to do! Totally understand the going on hiatus, and totally understand the feelings behind it as well. Just know that you are an awesome woman. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your walk.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)