Retro Fitness and about how I had been going, and loving it!
I didn't tell you about all of it though. So much goodness there, I had to hold a few surprises back.
One thing I LOVE at Retro Fitness is the Cardio movie theater room. Yes. Cardio. Movie. Theater. It is exactly as it sounds: a room full of cardio equipment and a large screen with a moving projecting. Every day they pick another full length feature film and it plays in the room on repeat. You can go in there, run (or, if you're like me, walk) on the treadmill and watch a movie. Or use an elliptical. Whatever your pleasure.
This absolutely helps the time pass and is just so cool! I could easily get lost in the movie and just keep walking.
|The treadmills have a coach feature!|
I wanted to walk and build endurance (That Avon Walk will be here before I know it!) and was very pleased with it. It starts with some stretching and progresses into the work-out. At the end, the trainer walks you through some more stretching exercises again. It was fabulous!
I loved my time at Retro Fitness. Of course, now it's March and my time there is over. I'm sad about this.
Overall though, I can tell you, this is what I love about Retro Fitness:
- The space is bright and open
- That staff is helpful and up-beat
- The smoothies are delicious
- The personal trainer blew my socks off and was fabulous
- The machines are new and have great built-in trainers/programs
- I can watch tv easily while working out
- I can watch a movie in the theater room while working out
- Two-thirds of my children are old enough to work-out with me there (not so at the gym my husband goes to)
- Great location right off of Route 64, which is a main road in the area
|Miss 11 and I working hard!|
I can say I loved my month at Retro Fitness, and if you are in the area, I hope you'll pop in, look around and try it out yourself. You won't regret it!
*As a reminder, I was given my one-month membership in exchange for writing a blog post about my time there. I'm giving it a second post just because I loved it there that much!