Monday, January 07, 2013

Happy new year

I can't lie. I think we had one of the best New Year's Eve's that we've had in a while.

We stayed home. We were in pajamas early. We stayed up late. We hung out. We ate yummy food. And we just had a great time!

ice cream cake I made!
It was a great way to ring in the new year. Which is good. I think we all needed the night to be perfect, even if we didn't know it at the time.

I have to share my favorite part of the night with you though. Husband and I were sitting and working on a jigsaw puzzle. I was telling him that 2013 just HAD to be a good year for us, and I didn't know what I would do if I didn't start feeling better. Because I'm just so over not feeling like myself. He looked at me and said that even if it's not a better year, he'll be right by my side. Just like he was right then, no matter what happens. That's the moment my heart melted.

I knew right then, 2013 would be exactly how it's supposed to be, even if it means the year is a bit bumpy. But it would be okay because I am truly blessed to have my awesome family (and friends) around me!

Then, as is my tradition, I took everyone's picture at midnight. I've done this every year since my oldest was a baby (and yes, until they are about 4 or 5ish, their new year picture is of them sleeping!)





Look at those gorgeous kids! I'm so lucky they are mine =)

xoxo,
Brandie

P.S. Another pre-written post for your viewing pleasure! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)