Saturday, January 05, 2013

A few of my favorite things!

I didn't make much for Christmas this year. I just knew I needed to be pressure-free and while I love making things to give to people, it can be stressful to finish everything on time! Plus, with my energy being non-existent, I was worried I just wouldn't have the energy to finish things.

I did manage to make two blankets though, and I LOVED them both. It was hard to give them away, but alas, I managed too!

The first blanket was crocheted. I had worked on it for almost two months. It is my first granny square project and I might just be in love with granny squares now!

The pattern I used can be found here {note: you must be a member to see it, but membership is free}. The pattern is actually for a baby blanket, and this blanket did not go to a baby, so I actually made 4 blankets and put them together to make the blanket big enough! I also changed the edging ever-so-slightly! I just love how this blanket came together. And there will definitely be more granny squares in my future!

I knitted another blanket too. This blanket was for a grab-bag gift exchange and knit up pretty quickly (which was good, since I started it very close to Christmas LOL!)


The yarn was variegated and the pattern came on the yarn package. It was quick to learn and one of those patterns that you don't really need to look at!

Again, I made the blanket larger than the pattern called for, which was good. I don't think I would have been happy with the size if I had just followed the pattern 100%. I'm actually working on a twin sister blanket right now. Not quite sure what I will do with it, but I'm sure I'll figure something out!

xoxo,
Brandie

P.S. I pre-wrote this before surgery so the blog wouldn't sit empty!


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:24 PM

    My very first afghan ever was a granny-square. Learned from my mother; reminds me of my grandmothers. :) These look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)