Thursday, May 27, 2010

Farmer's Field ...

So not too long ago I was knitting up a washcloth and the pattern and I just were not getting along. I wasn't home so I couldn't just pull up another pattern. So, I had to get creative, and thus this washcloth came into being


I really like how it turned out. Today, I pulled it out to photograph it. And also thought about weaving in teh ends, but alas, the ends are still there for you all to see =)


My oldest was hanging out with me and we decided we needed to come up with a name. We weren't really coming up with anything all that great. And as I was photographing, I realized what it reminded me of


As the daughter of a farmer, every spring it was a big deal to see who could spot the plants coming up in the fields first. I'm pretty sure only one year did I spot some sprouts before my dad - he was pretty good at it and spotted them first for sure. And when I turned the washcloth just so, it reminded me of the fields, freshly plowed and planted, and us anxiously awaiting to see the sprouts come up. So Farmer's Field it is. I wrote down the pattern (Okay, okay, I had to start knitting a second one because it is a million times easier for me to write what I am doing as I do it as opposed to looking back and seeing what I did!) So without further ado, I present to you, my first free pattern!

Farmer's Field

Supplies:
1 skein Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn
US Size 7 needle

Cast on 38 stitches


Knit 4 rows

row 1: k4, (p2, k2) 7 times, p2, k4
row 2: k6, (p2, k2) 6 times, p2, k6
row 3: k5, (p2, k2) 7 times, p1, k4
row 4: k5, (p2, k2) 7 times, p1, k4
row 5: k6, (p2, k2) 6 times, p2, k6
row 6: k4, (p2, k2) 7 times, p2, k4
row 7: k4, p1, (k2, p2), 7 times, k5
row 8: k4, p1, (k2, p2) 7 times, k5

Repeat rows 1-8 6 times

Knit 4 rows. Bind off. Weave in ends.


Enjoy! And if you do make any, will you please come back and share with me?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:48 AM

    Awesome Brandie! I want to start a washcloth now but, as you know, I have a few projects to finish first :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Especially intrigued by WTF Wednesday...lol

    I found you through Ravelry; I love the name you and your daughter chose for the Farmer's Field block!!

    http://carmenrigby.blogspot.com (It's a Wonderful Life)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy4:37 PM

    I also am a farmers daughter! I love the dishcloth, am writing down the directions as soon as I can. Have you seen the quilt field and furrows? That is a favorite of mine, also.
    Thanks for the pattern!!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)