Friday, May 07, 2010

Skirt Apron ...

So not only did I play with a pillowcase last weekend, I also played around with a skirt. A skirt also purchased at Goodwill.

IMG_6232

So I brought it home and stared at it. Them I held it up to all the fabric I own to see if anything matched. It didn't. Which bothered me because I was thinking for sure I needed more than just the skirt to turn it into an apron (okay, so I was hoping to get 2 aprons out of it). But I stared and thought ... and then I began to cut it up.

IMG_6235

And somehow, using only pieces of the skirt, I managed to whip up this apron.

IMG_6253

And oh yes. I am in love. I really am.

IMG_6252

This is not at all what I had planned when I bought the skirt, but it is so much better than what I had planned. Sigh. I really made this with intentions to part with it. But I just don't know if I can.

Anyway, all this apron sewing has me back in love with sewing, so I'm hoping to have a few more projects to show next week. And I'm still knitting away when I get the chance to =) Hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh....I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I have been wanting to make a little girl's dress out of an old men's dress shirt. (Not an "old man's" dress shirt, but an "old shirt that once belonged to a man." You know what I mean, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies
    and ROFL! I do know what you mean Tracey! =)

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)