Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Some ideas ....

Since I've been doing not much the last few days, I have had ample time to plan projects I will work on when I am feeling better (good news though - it's not strep but I'm taking antibiotics so I should be a-okay for my little overnight this weekend!!)

First of all, you know how I love my cloth napkins? Well, maybe you don't know it yet, but let me tell you I do. I just love them. And I cam across these embroidered napkins and oh my - I will have to add something similar to my cloth napkin basket!



I hope you'll click over to Subu - because she has a link to more pictures on flickr and seriously I think I drooled a little looking at them!

Next up - colored jars. Because I also love jars (yes, I did buy blue ball jars at a garage sale last year just because they were blue and I thought they were gorgeous! And also, one of my sisters did tease me about it!) but these jars are gorgeous - so this year I will be searching garage sales just for plain old clear jars so that I can turn them into this:


I found this idea over at Gingerbread Snowflakes and I just think they are lovely. There is a complete tutorial over there - so if you think these are as gorgeous as I do, click on over and learn how to make them. It really looks simple. And I can't wait to dress up my table and possibly the deck with some of these. And yes, we have started a new tradition of having candlelight on our dinner table almost every night, so it will be nice to have some new candle holders!

I would like to knit myself this:
It's from the newest issue of Knitscene - which I did treat myself too a few weeks ago. I know summer is coming up and it's not exactly summer wear - but if I knit it over the summer, it will be ready to go this upcoming fall!

I've also got some sewing books checked out for the library that I am excited to make some things out of!

And also, I'm thinking of mixing some of hte great patterns at Urban Threads with a few of these

Product Image

for some baby gifts I need to start working on. Which will seriously be a lot of fun for me to work on!

1 comment:

  1. lots of great ideas! can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)