Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Fabric!

This week I've done some fabric shopping! The first pile is fabric from an unexpected place! It is a pile of tablecloths, curtains, blankets, sheets, and pillow cases. This fabric came from Goodwill - where we stopped to look for some other things. But all of this jumped out into my hands so I had to buy it! LOL! All of it will be transformed into something different. I'm very excited about this!

IMG_6147

Then it was off to the fabric store to pick up some fabric, which netted me this pile.

IMG_6153

And last but not least, is this one fabric - bought at Joanns. This is my splurge buy. I didn't find this fabric until we were at the cutting counter, where the woman next to me was buying it. When she finished, I asked them to please pass the bolt to me. I loved it from the first moment I saw it. I couldn't pass it by. It has my heart. The other things I will be making, well, they won't be for me and will hopefully leaving the house soon, but this fabric - this fabric is all for me and will be staying with me!

IMG_6155

Of course the trick now is to find the time to sit and sew!

6 comments:

  1. Love all the fabric, but that fabric for "you" is exactly what I have been looking for for "ME"! I will have to journey to my Joanns to see if they have the same kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, the lady cutting said it was from the juvenile department - it doesn't seem juvenile to me though, so she could have been wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric. You can always fined somme vintage fabrics at the good will

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm eyeing your goodwill finds. What are you going to create? Please post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is ALL so pretty! I can just picture you running your hands over the piles, right? Have fun creating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! I do love to just go and play with my piles of fabric. Although I haven't had a chance to go and actually work with it all yet. Soon I hope!!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)