Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Christmas Round-Up Part 2

So here are the rest of the Christmas gifts that I was working on!

First up, my oldest asked for a robe for Christmas, so I set out to make all three kids robes. They aren't hard to make, but definitely took more time to make than I was anticipating. I think there's just a bit more fabric there than what I usually work with, but they turned out really well I thought!

IMG_1925

IMG_1926

IMG_1922

IMG_1924

IMG_1920

IMG_1921

And yes, they are all hooded. I'm a bit jealous. I might have to make one for myself as well! As fro the kids, they really like them! They've worn them a lot. The youngest was a bit confused - he kept wanting to wear them as pajamas, but I think he finally gets what they are for

IMG_1995

I also gave the two girls new scarves

IMG_2000

The fleece one is for my middle daughter. The fuzzy one is for my oldest - she asked for it. A fuzzy pink scarf. The small one is for her American Girl doll (also something she asked for!)

I did some freezer-paper stenciling too. I made each child a shirt with a mouse head on it:

IMG_1993

One of the "gifts" they unwrapped was a trip to Florida, complete with 2 days at Disney World, so these shirts were bundled in with that. Interestingly enough, the 4 year old was way more into the shirt than the trip! ROFL!

I did a bag for my sister, who is a new sorority girl and the other bag is an iron-on for my other sister:

IMG_2003

My husband got a Bears blanket:

IMG_1927

(the back side of the blanket is the footballs you can see in the lower right - I flipped up part of the blanket for that pic)

IMG_1930

Of course, the Bears didn't have the best season this year but let's hope the power of the blanket helps them do better next year!

My oldest also got a blanket - which she hinted very heavily to me about it LOL!

IMG_1931

The back side is the purple that you see in the corner. The pink side also matches the robe I made her.

IMG_1932


I feel like I made a lot for Christmas this year and I love all that I made! It was so worth it ... but next year, I need to plan ahead a lot better so I'm not rushing so much at the end LOL!!

To see my Christmas Round-Up Part 1, click here!

2 comments:

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)