Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Today ...

Today the sun shone bright and the air was warm (especially for February!). The kids have been outside since about 2:30 this afternoon. I can not remember the last time they played outside for 3 hours straight. It's been much too cold for that sort of play this winter.

But today, today, the spring fairies must have visited us and gave us a break from what seemed like a never-ending gray, cloudy, and cold winter. It was warm enough even for this:

IMG_1387

And yes, I love how the laundry hanging is mostly the cold weather jammies. Those jammies don't see much sun and how they soaked up the sun's rays today! Who knows when I'll hang my next load out to dry, but today, I took advantage of the unnaturally warm weather and gave the dryer a break.

And although I will washing mud off of clothes and hands and pants and boots and shoes, I am ever so grateful the kids were outside to take advantage of the sunshine today as well.

In other wonderful goodness, here is a sneak peak of the wedding shawl. I briefly thought of letting it get to meet the sun. And then envisioned it flying away into a mud puddle and decided it could meet the sun when the bride to be is the one taking it outside!

IMG_1373

2 comments:

  1. Three hours playing outside? They'll sleep well tonight!!! And keep those jammies handy. The cold is coming back later in a matter of days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the laundry picture...I don't know why, I just LOVE it.

    The shawl is really beautiful...:)

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)