Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Cleaning

There has been much cleaning going on here lately.

Thanks to the party we hosted on Sunday for the big game, my house is cleaner than it has been in a while. Nothing like a dozen people coming over to motivate you to scrub and clean every nook and cranny.

I reorganized my kitchen today. Switched up a few cabinets, found a few things to get rid of, and organized things so well that I was able to move a few things out of the pantry and into the kitchen (I only wish I could have moved more! LOL)

And I've been cleaning up my bloglines - making sure things I saved I still want to save and as much as I hate to do it, I've been unsubscribing from some blogs. I feel bad :-( But I just don't have the time to read them all anymore. I've only cut 10 so far, but I plan on cutting about half of them by the end of the week. And they are all lovely blogs and I wish I had more time to read them all. But I don't.

Anyway, in knitting news, I finished the shawl I was knitting, but I can't show you it yet =) I need to block and then give it to the bride-to-be and let her see it first. I'm trying to start a new knitting project. Except I'm having lots of trouble with gauge and might just end up giving up. I'm supposed to get 26 rows and 20 sts on a size 7 needle. A size 6 needle is giving me 25.5 rows and 16 sts. That would be a problem. :::sigh:: I think to get the right number of stitches I need to drop to a size 4 needle. But then I'll have too many rows. Grrr ... kind of frustrating. I might have to drop the project and change gears. Which bums me out because I really wanted to make this (simple, cute) hoodie for my 6 year old.

And aside from that, I need to really clean my office before I do anything else. It's a big mess again. :::sigh::: I'm starting to think I can't ever keep it clean. Really it's because it has become the dumping grounds for everything else in the house that doesn't fit anywhere else. So really, until I get the entire house organized, it will continue to be the dumping grounds. On the plus side, my kitchen is nice and tidy and organized now =)

1 comment:

  1. Do you get cleaning moods?

    My husband and I say our house would never get thoroughly clean if we never had people come over!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)