Monday, April 14, 2008

I almost never do this ...

But I'm going to share this here with everyone. And I almost never talk about places you should give money to, so you have to understand how much this means to me. And just so you know, I do actually know these people. I attended Jerry's wake. He was married to a college friend of mine. I was at their (very lovely) wedding. This is not a friend of a friend of a friend. I whole heartedly support their cause, and if - and only if - you want to as well, please also consider donating to their team. And if nothing else, please just send prayers. Jerry has not passed away all that long ago and the pain they are feeling I can only imagine is quite immense still.


Dear Family, Friends, and Co-Workers,

As all of you know, my husband recently passed away due to complications with his diabetes. I have felt very overwhelmed with the fact that Jerry will never be coming home, and each day brings new obstacles of life without him. With that said, I am compelled to support a very special cause, so fewer families may have to experience what my family and I are experiencing now.

This year, I'll be taking part in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation's Walk to Cure Diabetes. It is the first year the walk is being held in the QC area, at Niabi Zoo on Sat. May 3rd (Mark your calendars, the Chicago-land walk will be Saturday, October 5th).

My friend Lindy Slyter is the captain of our team, All For Jerry, and she and I, along with other friends and family, will be walking in honor of Jerry. You can join our team and walk with us, or you can donate to JDRF. Any way you give support, is more than appreciated-Our team goal is $5,000. We look forward to a fun day to raise awareness about diabetes, and give back in hopes for finding a cure. ALL FOR JERRY, always for Jerry!

Please visit my Walk Web page if you would like to donate online or see how close I am to reaching my personal goal:

http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=87008617

I'm writing to ask for your support because now more than ever, EACH of us can be a part of bringing about a cure. Each of us can make a real difference. We would love for you to join us walking on Saturday, May 3 and for you to donate as much as you are able toward this great cause.

http://walk.jdrf.org

To walk with us: From the website, you can join our team-go to “register for a walk now” in Illinois, and at Niabi Zoo in Coal Valley. When you are registering, be sure to put in our team name, All For Jerry, and the captain name is Lindy Slyter. Please choose yes to joining Walk Central, as this site will give you access to information for our team.

To Donate: If you would like to donate, please go to the “support a walker” section, put in the walker's first and last name, as well as our team name “All for Jerry,” and the state of Illinois.

Together, we can make the cure a reality.

Thank you & God Bless,

Team ALL FOR JERRY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)