Monday, October 15, 2012

Random

Here are a collection of random thoughts in my head.


Netflix had some episodes of Wallace and Gromit. If you haven't watched it, you must. It's such a cute show. I heard about the show many years ago from an aunt, and forgot about it until I saw it as a new arrival on netflix and then I remembered {funny how those memories sneak up on you like that}. My 6yo is loving watching them. We've watched them each several times. I have enjoyed watching with him, since it reminds me of my aunt and as a bonus, Gromit knits. I mean really. We so rarely see knitting shown on tv that it makes me smile =)


It is almost halloween. I did not make my kids halloween costumes this year. I feel like the energy levels are still a huge issue. I'm still not taking care of the house like I used to {though it's not nearly as bad as it was}. Still, I wasn't sure I wanted to take on making their costumes ... they could have picked easy costumes, but they could have picked complicated ones too. So we bought them. Just like we did last year. And the world hasn't ended yet. That said, I saw some internet chats about people who give extra candy to kids who wear homemade costumes since they must not have lazy parents who just bought them and it upset me. But then I stepped back and realized that is not the opinion of the majority and furthermore, if that's how those people feel, that is their issue to deal with, not mine. And goodness knows that I have more than enough issues on my own to deal with right now!

I got a new cell phone {actually, we switched companies} and I hate it. Isn't that horrible? I thought I would like the phone and I don't. So tomorrow, I will head back to the store to replace it with something I will {hopefully!} like. And yes, I acknowledge this is a first world problem, but there it is. Also, I cried over the issue last week. Hormones have been going crazy lately so I've been crying a lot. Then I feel dumb for crying, which, naturally, makes me cry more. Lovely.

I'm knitting a lot and trying to (slowly) organize our house since it's been so long since it got a thorough cleaning. But when I need to sit down and rest, I've been watching How I Met Your Mother. Definitely not a show I can watch with the kids, but a hilarious show none the less!

So, there you go. A small peak into my mind. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)