Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pillow!

We have a wedding to attend this weekend. And so I asked a bit ago if the bride and groom would be interested in me making their ring bearer's pillow! I've done this for several weddings we've gone to and can honestly say I love it! I love getting to make something to be used in the wedding and the pillows are small enough that's it's pretty stress free for me to make them (although one time I made one with a lot of bead/hand ribbon embroidery and that did stress me a bit LOL!)

Anyway, this time I whipped up this little pillow. I can't lie. I am absolutely in love with this one! Don't get me wrong, I have loved all the pillows I made - but I don't know, this might just be my favorite! (Okay, okay. So I say that after every pillow I make. It's true). I love the embroidery design (which I got from Urban Threads). I think the rings will look gorgeous tied in the center.

The ribbon to hold the rings is secure enough to hold the rings, but not overly stitched so it can be cut off after the wedding should they want to save the pillow.

I'm bringing at least the groom the pillow tomorrow. This is always nerve wracking for me - what if they hate it? I don't want something they hate in the wedding. I always ask the bride/groom to tell me if they don't like it and I'll make something else if there's time. I never had anyone actually say that. So no one has disliked their pillow OR they didn't want to hurt my feelings. Although, seriously, I'd rather know so I can give them something they will love than not know and give them something I love - if that makes sense.

Anyway, I really do love this pillow. =)

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I don't think I've seen anything like that :-)!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)