Thursday, September 11, 2008

:::sigh:::::

I had, to put it bluntly, an awful terrible afternoon today. It involves a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum, a line at Hobby Lobby and not being to just walk out because I had cut fabric in my cart. It was not pretty. It did not go well. I was also embarrassed beyond belief at how it all played out (although no one really said anything or gave us bad looks, and in fact two other people just smiled that smile that to me said, been there done that, hope it gets better soon for you).
But it was just bad.

Ugh. But, thank goodness today was Thursday - because Thursday is my knitting night. And I LOVE knitting night. I found a knitting group locally. Everyone is very nice - and always working on such great projects (and using fabulous yarn that I will be able to afford after all three children have gone to college LOL!). It's fun to see what everyone is making - and fun to see what they are wearing - and just go and relax.

And I'm so glad it was tonight. Otherwise, well, I think my head would have exploded and I would have been one extremely crabby mother all night tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brandie! Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I really appreciated that. I hope you got to enjoy your knitting night! I know getting a little time to myself, especially creative time, always makes a huge difference in how much energy I have to deal with the daily chaos of family life.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)