Sunday, May 06, 2007

Aprons!


I made this tonight. I just finished (so sorry for the por lighting - it's 2 am so there is no natural light around here! LOL!) Seriously, this is one of the most favorite thing I've made in a long time. ::sigh:: to bad it's kid sized! I completely love it!
I love the colors, I love the embroidery, I love that it is reversible, I love that there are pockets on both sides. I just love this! LOL!





Close-up of the embroidery! I saw this design and just knew it had to be on an apron. Oh, it's so perfect. I'm glad I followed through with my first thoughts!





Close-up of pocket against background fabric. I felt like these fabrics might be risky to put together. But really, I love it now that it is done! I wanted something bold and bright and colorful and funky and I feel like I got exactly what I wanted!






The other side - it's reversible! i might have already mentioned that once. I might have even already said there was a pocket here as well. But forgive me for repeating, I'm just so proud of this! LOL! I was not originally going to make it reversible. That was not the plan. But then I thought for as wild as the other side was, maybe it needed a more toned-down side to it. Maybe it needed a side to wear on a quiet day. Or maybe when my children didn't want to be my helping hands, but wanted to just wear it for the heck of it. I don't know, but as I cut the first piece, I just knew it needed to have two sides to it. And really, I love how it came out. I am so pleased!







Close-up of fabric on other side - and I just love
this fabric. It's not as wild, but it's not plain either.
It's still cute and still has character, it's just a slightly
quieter version!


So yes, I love this apron that I made. Seriously, I do believe every little girl I know will probably get at least one from me over the course of the next year. And I think I'll be whipping out quite a few more for my store I really don't want to mention all the time! But I am so in love with this apron. You can not believe how much I love it. I can't believe how much I love it! I told my dh I needed to go buy more fabric and make a matching mommy sized one! And tonight Little Man was playing with the kitchen things, trying to "help" me out, so now I have to try to get some boyish fabrics and make him his one little man sized apron! Okay. Now I must sleep!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute, Brandie! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)